The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a public research academy and university in Camden Town exactly in northwest London, Bloomsbury. Since its establishment, the university has been classified among the highly ranked foundations worldwide when it comes to infectious diseases and public health.
LSHTM is a constituent affiliated college to the University of London that is specialized in tropical medicine and public health. The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine’s students will get a degree from the University of London once they successfully complete their studies.
The university’s main goal is to participate in the development and advancement of health across the globe by focusing on providing high quality teaching, research, and advanced education in health and medicine.
According to 2009 Gates Award for Global Health, the LSHTM won the Gates Award for Global Health and received a prize of 1 million dollars in 2009. This award was dedicated to all institutions that have contributed to global health enhancement.
GSK Scholarships Scholarship Description:
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine scholarships are available to candidates who want to study a one-year, full-time program at the London School.
- Host University: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine;
- Host Country: UK;
- Study Level: Masters;
- Eligible Countries: African Students;
- Subjects available: Medicine;
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2021.
The scholarship program aims to financially support the training and development of the next generation of global health leaders.
Eligibility Criteria :
To be eligible for the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The candidates must confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study by submitting the form of the supplementary question
- The applicant must meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements
- The applicant must hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level.
- The applicant must hold an offer of admission for the 2021-22 academic year for one of LSHTM’s London-based MSc programs of study.
The application process has two steps:
- In the first step: interested students must apply for a London-based MSc program of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant program of study page before the Application Deadline in 28 February 20.
- The second step: Submit an online scholarship application and selecting “2021-22 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders”.